Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Weight Changes

It'd official - the marathon is off. I can't say that I'm upset by it - actually, if we're being honest I'm really happy. I haven't been training like I should have been and the stress of knowing that and yet still not having the time to train like I needed to was not all that great. Plus Rachel decided not to do it a few months ago, and now Brandy can't do it with me either, so that leaves me to run by myself. Running 26 miles, less than trained, by myself sounds like a less than enjoyable experience so I decided just to scrap the whole thing. Instead my mom, Brandy and I are headed to Florida to lay on the beach for a weekend. Hey, why not?

While I gain weight since I won't be running, Leia will be losing weight. She was officially put on a diet by the vet yesterday. We've been suspecting she is a bit overweight for a while, and I have been attempting to cut down on how much food is out for the cats to eat. The problem is there are two cats, so I feel bad not leaving food out in case Mishu wants to eat. And, then I've found Leia eating the dog food if there is no cat food in the bowl. Thus, we have entered into the land of time feeding our animals. We've always worked on the free feed option, which is far less effort on our part. But, Leia has forced our hand. She weighs 15 pounds and it apparently supposed to weigh 8 - yeah, no minor overweight issue for the feline.

Perhaps I should look into a cat treadmill?

No comments:

Post a Comment