Thursday, September 17, 2009

Graduation Day

Today was Sandor's graduation day. Granted there was no playing of pomp and circumstance - no walking down the aisle when you did an online program and the college is in Michigan (well unless you live in Michigan). But it was exciting none-the-less. He started his second bachelors two and a half years ago...possibly even three years, I've lost count at this point. And so when he submitted his final discussion board item today and the graduation fee was paid, he is technically done. Now, don't get me wrong, I'll feel a lot more certain about then when he has diploma in hand, but it's good enough for a celebration just to be done classes.

So we celebrated. We took a bike ride to Folly and ate at Locklears sitting on the pier and then rode back. It was awesome! I mean what can be bad about a bike ride on a warm, breezy day and eating fried shrimp while watching the waves in the ocean? It is 6 miles each way, so not a bad distance, and the view is worth it!


I don't know why I'm making this weird face?

We got back around 7:30 (before it got dark, which was key), and so I decided to finally put away all the stuff that has been sitting on my table since Brandy was in town last week, as well as all the stuff I put on the table after running errands yesterday (the table was getting a little out of control as you can guess). One of the items on there was a bag I bought to sew my mola onto. And thus, after a little time with the sewing machine - vwa-la!


Pretty cute, eh? I also finally got around to cutting and arranging the flowers that Sandor got me two days ago - they look much nicer without the plastic.


So, now I just need to change the sheets on the bed and take out the trash and off to bed I will go...well I guess I should put the dishes away so I can stack the dishwasher before we got to bed as well...it's not like Sandor is going to be ready to head to bed anytime soon anyway, he is in Battlestar Galactica land - I can hardly complain on his graduation day.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Sandor! Who needs graduation ceremonies...a bike ride to the beach seems to beat that any day!!

    ReplyDelete