Friday, September 25, 2009

Pizza Pizza

Last night Sandor and I decided to venture into uncharted territory for us - pizza making. I'm not talking buy a pizza shell and put stuff on it - we've done that before. I'm talking, get some flour and crushed tomatoes, make the dough, the sauce, and saute the toppings and put it in to bake. It was quite fun - AND in the end, really only took us a bit over an hour.

So - first make the dough - I used this recipe I got from a book Alison recommended to me called the Wooden Spoon. Based on the delicious crust it made I think I'll be making and eating a whole lot of bread out of that book!

Meanwhile, I put Sandor in charge of the sauce. I got that recipe from the Home Ec 101 blog. We've been wanting to try some recipes from them before, so it was fun! Complete with basil and oregano we've been growing on the porch this summer.

While the dough was rising and the sauce was simmering I sauted some onions and mushrooms for a topping...

45 minutes later you have bread ready to roll out...

top...
and bake...
And there you go! A few pepperonis on Sandor's side and extra cheese (of course).

It was pretty thick crust so I think we'll do half the dough next time, and a little less sauce. Otherwise, I'm pretty impressed with our first try!

1 comment:

  1. I am very impressed with the outcome of the pizza, it looks delish!-but what I am even MORE impressed with is the fact that you're still wearing normal day clothes. I would have totally been in my loungewear by that time!

    ReplyDelete