Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Half Mental Health Day

Today I left work at noon-thirty and decided to not come back. Actually, in all honesty I decided it before I left and claimed the hours for it. It was a long time coming. First of all I can tell I need to take some time off when I finish doing something at work and sit there staring at my desk not wanting to figure out what I need to do next. The amount of time between staring moments was steadily decreasing. Secondly, since I got back from Panama I've been wanting, actually needing, to take a day and do all the stuff that's been stacking up on my list of things to do. Why do all the things that need to be done during working hours involve driving all over town so you can't really accomplish them all once you fall behind and have a stack of them? So, errands run, I headed to Barnes and Noble to entertain myself until I had my adjustment and then off to church to watch some snotty nosed kids...really, I'm going to need to stock up on the immune health items this year! While I only was at Barnes and Noble for an hour, it was somehow more relaxing to be there when I was suppose to be at work :) Pumpkin spice latte in hand, and a few books to look through, a run-in with a friend and a wonderful talk - it was a little slice of heaven, and the highlight of my day. Now I'm ready to go back to work tomorrow...and actually work.

1 comment:

  1. I call that a mental health day. And we all need one. I am fortunate that my boss recognizes mental health days and if not allows them, he tolerates them and approves them for sick days. Life is so good that it lets us be who we are, and therefore we are what/who we are. I am in Sioux Falls, SD, for a certification. But more importantly, I am making new friends and keeping old friends close and renewing my ties in Indian Country. I love my job. Following your blog allows me to know who you are, and I love that you are who you are! I was going to sign Aunt Jesse and realized I am Great Aunt Jesse! OMG!!!

    ReplyDelete