Monday, September 7, 2009

On being grown up

At about 12:30pm today I decided on a good definition for being an adult: 'finding yourself on a Labor Day eating a PB&J while pulling out everything to clean the bathrooms, instead of finding yourself laying on a beach'. I had big plans for a lot of laying on the beach today, but it didn't really pan out. When it comes down to it someone has to clean the bathrooms and after putting it off, or being too busy to do it for the past 3 weekends we had come to the point where I really could not justify one more shower before they were clean. Then I finally put away the last of my stuff from Panama (the stuff that involved me tearing things out of the 'random' closet, in order to stuff more things into it), which also really really needed to be done. And now, it's 3:00. Since I live close enough to the beach, and I've already let the dog run at the dog park, I think I'm going to take a book and a chair and head down to grab the last of the rays of summer sun. Not exactly what I had envisioned, but it will have to do. And tomorrow morning I will not feel like I don't want to touch the sides of the shower as I shave my legs...always a plus.

1 comment:

  1. The highlight of my day today has been grocery shopping. To make up for it, I just popped a pan of brownies in the oven! Eh, it's just been one of those weekends!

    ReplyDelete