Saturday, September 5, 2009

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego

I LOVE the story of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego. Possibly one of my favorites in the whole Bible, topped only perhaps by the story of the criminal on the cross beside Jesus. So, when I hit the book of Daniel in my reading through the Bible I was very excited (because that is where the story of Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego is). The thing is, I'm reading a chronological daily Bible, which means that it isn't going in order of the actual books, but in order of actual time. It's kinda cool to read through chronologically because they you start to understand where all the prophets fit into all the kings and where all the kings fit in relative to the fall of Jeruselem and such. So, I hit the first chapter of Daniel back on August 8th because that is when Daniel (renamed by Nebuchadnezzar as Belteshazzar), Hananiah (renamed to Shadrach), Mishael (renamed to Meshach), and Azariah (renamed to Abednego), are carried off to Babylon. It was not until yesterday (which I actually didn't read until this morning), that I got to the story of the fiery furnace! So, if you would like to enjoy it as well, feel free to do so in Daniel 3. You will not be disappointed!



No comments:

Post a Comment