Sunday, September 27, 2009

Baby Steps

Well, I made my first baby step into the land of coupon shopping. It really was rather successful. I spent $17.23 and saved $25.47 - pretty impressive. I believe I have settled on a process that will in fact save us some money, but will not drive me insane. There is no way I can handle the full blown coupon cutting world - I just don't have the patience or time for it - however, having read through the Southern Savers website - which by the way I HIGHLY recommend - I understand a bit more of what I can do to cut down the grocery bills, and so I'm going to start small and build up if it seems as though I can. Thus, presently I will watch the deals at 3 stores, cut coupons just on Sundays from one paper, and follow the Southern Savers blogs for ideas on deals and such (actually, that is the main way I can handle this - that woman is amazing!). It definitely will involve more planning on the meal making, and errand running, and involve going to more than one store for groceries each week, but if I'm saving $25 on a $42 bill I think it's work a few hours of my week...well, it's probably going to be in the double digits at first when taking the whole week into account, but it was similar with the budgeting, lots of time at first, and now I just need to spend a few hours twice a month. So, baby steps we shall go and see how it pans out...wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. The coupon queen in my life highly recommends Southern Savers and uses it daily so you know it has to be good :)...best of luck with your couponing.

    ReplyDelete