Saturday, February 21, 2009

A New Day

Thanks to a cheesesteak for dinner, 14 hours of sleep last night, and a piece of quiche and banana nut latte for breakfast, I am feeling much like a new woman. Now onto writing objectives for my program at the national level, finishing up the flowchart of the state and federal wetlands permitting process, and then if I have time organizing information for the tech fair portion of the 2 day event we are coordinating for March.

I realized upon coming in this morning that by the end of today I will have worked 3 full days worth of extra hours this week. This interestingly enough coincides with 3 full days of sick leave I had to take last week. The moral of the story: I may have the sick hours to take, but I don't have the days of work to lose. So much for keeping down the unpaid overtime hours this month. I'm calling it a wash and starting over on my efforts on March 12th once all these events are over! I have at least managed to not plan anything post March 12th in the past 3 months, so I am doing much better at overcommitment this year. I wish I wasn't so horrible at it at the end of last year!

2 comments:

  1. 14 hours of sleep! Careful...you'll turn in to me. :) Banana nut latte, yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky,

    I was wondering if you fell off the face of the planet, but then I read yoiur blog and realized that you were "just that sick". Glad you are feeling better. About the feeling so sick you didn't eat chocolate thing...i was so stressed last week I ate enough for both of us. Don't worry, the chocolate gods are still happy :)

    Lisa A.

    ReplyDelete