Friday, February 27, 2009

The Difference A Day Makes

We have a rather large event coming up in early March. A rather large event that has had enough difficulties to make up for at least 10 other events. Yesterday I was to the point where I wanted to throw my computer across the room rather than read another e-mail about another person that wanted to change something they had changed 10 times, or hadn't changed when we asked them for any edits, a question from someone who only had that question because they hadn't read the 18 e-mails we sent them all which explained the answer to that question, a renig on an agreement to do some aspect of some part of the planning, or course this renig coming usually 1 day after anything could be done by someone else and thus falling squarely on Anna and my shoulders... the list goes on. Suffice to say if it could go wrong it was going wrong. And yet, we had to persevere.

So today, I got up and put on my comfy 'get ready for an awful day at the office' clothes assuming this morning I would find more of the same. However, either we have moved beyond the point where anything can bother us anymore, or we finally are really on an upswing because today was brilliantly uncomplicated. Everything we got on e-mail seemed funny rather than frustrating (like a speaker giving us to the last detail how he wanted something printed...apparently he didn't get the memo that state government doesn't have state of the art equipment) or the e-mail about the site our one demonstration might take place being right outside a jail and whether there were issues with contraband being snuck inside the jail through the walls in that area. I mean really, does everyone deal with this in a normal day? So, whether it was the Cadbury egg that I ate last night to start off my evening and get rid of the day, or the fact that I truly have reached the point where I might as well laugh because otherwise I will cry - today all the complications just don't seem all that big of a deal.

Anna and I made a list of all the things that need to be done between now and the 9th...it's 2 sheets long and each involves a number of steps, but hey, we've got a week and two weekends, and THANK GOD I have her to help me - otherwise I really would be curled up in a ball under my desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment