Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Plea to Parents

I have one request from life - that parents STOP using pull-ups. PLEASE, I'm begging you! If you really like them then let me be a little more specific. Please stop using pull-ups when you drop your kid off in the nursery at church - or any other location that YOU are not going to be the person who after they take a #2 in the pull-up have to completely unclothe them to take the pull-up off while getting it all down their legs because instead of unwrapping a diaper you have to drag it down along their legs, then you have to use baby wipes to wipe it off their entire bottom half, while trying to keep two of the other kids in the nursery who are tired and ready for bed from crying so that they don't make the other kid in the nursery start crying just because there are two other kids crying. If you just accepted the fact that your kid is NOT potty trained and put a diaper on them while they are in nursery then the diaper changing incident would have taken 2 minutes and the two kids I put down off my lap to change the child who smelled so bad I could smell him across the room, wouldn't have realized that I wasn't holding them until I was already done the diaper changing.

So let's recap. Diapers - yes. Pull-ups - no. Thanks.

2 comments:

  1. I've never used pull ups on my kids, but I want to teach you the secret anyhow.

    Pull ups tear off at the sides so you don't have to do that nasty, nasty pull down with poop thing. I learned that the hard way, while pregnant and trying not to puke all over the little girl I was trying to change in church nursery, while my ever so helpful husband stood off to the side and laughed.
    In my unasked for opinion, pull ups just extend the whole potty training process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I support...diapers are better options than pull ups.

    ReplyDelete