Friday, November 28, 2008

Lazy Days

Oh, I love 4 day weekends! You can get all the random things that need to be done on the weekend done PLUS you can do that stuff you want to do but never have time because you are doing all the random things that need to be done!

Yesterday was great fun. Brandy and I ran the Turkey Day 5K downtown in the morning, which left the pups to play while we were out. Sandor woke up to Dina (Brandy and John's new puppy) crying in her crate (he says this sounds like a parakeet) while Kaylinn and Dudley were hanging out. We weren't positive of Dina's housetraining skills so we went on the safe side with the crate. Kaylinn was very unsure of this new canine who smelled kinda like her brother but who was most definitely not! In the end she decided Dina could hang around her and Dudley but wanted nothing to do with actually playing with her (poor pup).


Once I was showered and ready to go we headed up to the Szivaks for a Hungarian Thanksgiving...not quite the normal Thanksgiving meal, but kind of like it :) The kids joined us for the meal which means there was quite a lot more energy in the room after the meal than normal! Once they headed home, I fell asleep on the chair until I was woken up by Sandor a half hour later ready to go. That tryptophan really does one in!

We headed over to John David's parent's house to say hello to Brandy and John and his family, hung out there for an hour or so and then headed home. We definitely were not even close to hungry that night but we had been meaning to pop some of the popping corn that we've gotten from the CSA so we decided that was an even trade for dinner. You just stick the cob in a paper bag, throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes while you melt some butter, pour the butter over top with some salt and you've got yourself some of the best popcorn I've ever had!

The evening task ended up being backing up pictures. I've been meaning to do this for about 6 months and I never get around to it, so seeing as how it was 7:00, there was nothing on TV and we were not letting ourselves go to bed quite yet I sat down to start the task. At midnight I finished! That is why I haven't done that in a while! Granted most of it is because I'm super anal about pictures and want them backed up on the external hard drive PLUS two sets of DVDs before I will delete them off the computer, but whatever, it's worth it for peice of mind knowing I'll have all my million pictures for years to come :)

Since I was on the kick of cleaning up and backing things up, this morning I've been finishing up some things I needed to clean off my work computer, backed up my part of the home computer, and found all the documents we need to make copies of and get originals into a safety deposit box. Which made me realize we never did apply for Sandor to get a US passport...we should probably do that at some point. Then after a little e-mail checking I decided the pup deserved some attention and she and I headed to the dog park for some fetch, after which we headed to the doggy store where she recieved a much needed bath! I love the baths at the store! It's amazing how much easier the whole process is when you don't have to bend over a tub and the shower is one of those detachable ones so you can move it around (and has a button to turn the water off without having to get the temperature right again)! Well worth 10 dollars for as infrequent as we bath her!


So now I think it's time for lunch and then onto the things I WANT to do today, which is scrapbook! Whoohoo! I will be starting at September of last year...the goal is to get to December of last year by the end of the weekend...we'll see how it goes!

1 comment:

  1. Becky! I found your blog from Brian and Stacy's blog. How are things? Looks like you are happy and successful! I am working for the USGS now....perhaps we will meet at some conference someday? Alas, I have no blog, but I do have a website www.thedoransonline.com so you can see what I've been up to!

    -Kara

    ReplyDelete