Thursday, November 6, 2008

Coastal Meanderings

Ok, so back to the updates! I had a meeting on Sunday morning – which really wasn’t all that bad, although the last hour was getting to the point where I wanted to leap across the table and strangle anyone that felt the need to continue conversation on a point already run into the ground with conversation (I have a low tolerance for people who like to say their point even when their point was very clearly made, just by someone other than them). And add to it that it was an absolutely gorgeous day outside and we were not outside enjoying it! So, as soon as the meeting was over I headed back to Pacific Grove to meet Nicole, Steve, Matt and Jen for lunch, and after dropping Jen off for the afternoon meeting (which I thankfully did not have to attend), the 4 of us headed out on a little bike tour of the coast.

We rented bikes and rode down the 17-mile drive, which is this awesome stretch of road that runs along the coast south of Monterey Bay to Carmel. If you are driving you have a pay a fee to get in (the richy riches don’t like people seeing their houses and golf courses without getting something in return I guess – this is where Pebble Beach is by the way), but bikes are free, so onward we headed. The view along the way was absolutely incredible and there is something soothing about riding a bike on a sunny Sunday afternoon taking in all that is glorious about our world.

I was a little concerned that these little lowcountry riding legs were not quite up to the level that was going to be needed to climb the hills involved, but they did mighty well. There was one hill that both Nicole and I gave up on and walked our bikes up, but other than that, slow and steady did in fact win the race and got me to the top. Between the sound of the surf, the barks of the sea lions, the smell of the salt water, the views of the Monterey cypress against the blue sky, and the feel of the wind in your face it was a glorious day to be alive!

Here are some pics from the trip...


apparently Nicole and I didn't notice the HUGE 'do not go behind this sign' sign...oops









Our world is pretty amazing!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous! I'm happy you are having a most excellent time, but I am looking forward to your return.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...wow..wow...that does it - I've got to figure out a way to go "home" before I get too old to enjoy it. Oh... did I say thanks for the pics yet?!

    ReplyDelete