Monday, July 6, 2009

Welcome to the Family

This weekend, Sandor and I took another 10 hour trip up the east coast - this time to welcome Helen, Rediet, and Abel to the family. Unfortunately at the last minute my aunt could not travel to Ethiopia to get Helen (she is officially in Ethiopia right now and hopefully the paperwork is finalized because she said someone may need to fly over there and bail her out of jail if not!). But, we did get to meet Rediet and Abel, who I must say are the cutest things in the universe.

As is expected of Walker festivities much fun was had by all...except perhaps the dogs, which were very unhappy that they were being kept in the bottom of the yard.

There were crafts, trampoline jumping, a very impressive soccer game between the boys and two adults who were fairly beaten, swimming, bike riding, eating of all sorts of delicious items, a fire after dark, and of course, since it was 4th of July after all, some fireworks. The boys had more energy than I think the rest of us combined, so they sailed through each of these activities with flying colors and still had energy at the end!


Dina looking longingly towards the pool. I swear the dogs were pathetic.

headed off on the bike ride
Ordering at the snowball/ice cream store, which was the goal of the bike ride. It makes you feel not nearly as bad eating a snowball with marshmallow on top when you biked 5 miles to get there! (and I don't want to hear anything about the snowball and marshmallow - don't knock it until you try it! And snowballs are not those hard packed ice things people think of as snowcones, these are FAR superior!)


mmm...delicious!

smores and a fire to finish off the night
It really was such a fun weekend. While my body on Monday morning felt like I had done a 20 hour trip in the span of 3 1/2 days, I really didn't feel like I was all that rushed when I was there. Rediet and Abel were so adorable taking in everything new and meeting everyone. When they were watching fireworks they screamed 'I like that' after every single firework. It was hilarious. I can't wait to meet Helen when she gets back from Ethiopia. We just got three awesome additions to our family!

2 comments:

  1. I would never knock snowballs and marshmallow, in fact, I was totally craving it today and almost stopped at the Mason Dixon snowball stand on my way home from York Hospital. Sadly, I didn't...but I will soon. Its been way too long! Congrats on the new additions to your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete