Sunday, July 19, 2009

Pill Popping

This evening I spent 'packing' for Panama. We are going there for a missions trip, which means we are packing for a missions trip. With that in mind, can you guess what the 20 suitcases we are allowed to check will be holding? Medicine, medicine and more medicine. We are even packing toiletries in our carryons this year, which apparently in the past has been in a suitcase.

Now, in order to make the most of our 20 suitcases we need to remove a few obstacles, namely packaging. Let me tell you, there is a LOT of packaging. When I got up to the room I asked what I was supposed to do, the answer was pick a spot and start unpacking - and they weren't kidding. The room was full of every kind of medicine you can imagine, and we were making what used to take up a foot square box fit in a sandwich bag. It was really quite impressive. 9 people and 2 hours later we carried a lot of trash out to the dumpster, could fit a whole lot more medicine in the suitcases and my hands smell like a wierd combination of Prilosec, skin cream, antibiotics, and children's chewable vitamins. Off to wash my hands and eat some dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment