Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Filing Methods

So, as I mentioned before I have a bit of an OCD gene in my that I repress to the best of my ability, but it tends to be exhibited in things such as my organized desk and my many lists of things to do. One of the very major ways the OCD gene is expressed is through filing. I file e-mails and papers in a similar manner so that I can find things in a relatively easy fashion at work. One of the problems with this office move that is presently going on is that my files are moved and one of my desk has been transferred to Phil's office, which leaves me with a totally new and completely horrible filing method ...the pile method. I have one pile, upon which all papers are placed. When looking for something I need to go through the pile, if I dont find it I need to determine when it was filed prior to the move and then determine which box that might place it, and then go find that box, and then go through that box. The pile, however, is really what bothers me. I don't do well with one pile, but such is life when you have exactly the size of one piece of paper on your remining desk...oh, the cubicle installation cannot finish soon enough!

No comments:

Post a Comment