Friday, August 29, 2008

Politicos

Wow, and to think I didn't like politics before! Well I guess I still don't really like politics, but if you take it less seriously it is much more entertaining! I actually respect both the people running this year, which means that while I have my preference I will not feel personally offended if the other person wins. So I think it's allowing me to watch the whole back and forth with a little less seriousness and a little more amusement.

So, today McCain chose his VP - Alaska governor Sarah Palin. All I can say is wow. It was well timed, it was a smart pick, and it was exactly what he needed to do to respond Obama's speech last night concerning the need to do something new in Washington. I don't know if I've just been paying more attention so I don't see only the stupid commercials, or if it's just better than it used to be. But, regardless, this is way better than last year. Granted I've still got 2 more months for those stupid commercials to get on my nerves, but now that the Olympics are off I'll be watching less TV. So, onward we go, along the crazy road that is American politics!

1 comment:

  1. I'm reading Obama's Audcity of Hope and it is a great way to get a picture of what it is like to be a politician, not to mention how this country has been led. I highly recommend it! -BW

    ReplyDelete