Monday, August 25, 2008

So Close!

I got through 16 of the 17 days of Olympics beating my poor body in to the ground with lack of sleep, however last night my body threw in the towel. I'm not sure if it was the 2 straight days of my sister and I scrapbooking and watching Olympics until ungodly hours of the night (we are talking 4am here people, it was absurd), or if it was being 'lifeguard' at a church picnic yesterday which involved me swimming around and climbing in and out of the water onto this water trampoline contraption for 4 hours, or if it was the fact I've been eating horribly because I've been too lazy to sit down and make out a decent grocery list. But regardless of what it was, at 6:30 last night I sat down to watch the end of the Beijing games and never saw a moment of the closing ceremony. There was a volleyball game on so I decided I would take a quick nap until that was over...not so much. I woke up at 9:00, realized I had missed most of the ceremony, turned off the TV, grabbed a pack of ice for my knee that I hurt at some point climbing around and headed to bed. So close to 17 for 17, but my body won out on that decision by not giving me an option to stay up late!

1 comment: