Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Not Hard to Translate

The reason I love the Olympics so much is well first, I get to see sports that in general are not important enough to play on the channels you can get with an antenna (yes, we have not joined the cable world -it's either cable or food for the pup, guess who wins). But second, I love to watch people when they win. It doesn't matter what country they are from, it gives me goosebumps to see their faces. Take last night - the Chinese won the men's team gymnastics. Winning the sport that your country loves, in your country, at the Olympics - it doesn't get better than that. And it doesn't take a commentator to tell me what they are saying or thinking - they are saying and thinking exactly what the Americans were the night before when they won their relay. It's one of those things that doesn't need translation - the smile takes care of it.

I found this awesome site today that has incredible pictures of the opening ceremonies. These are just two of my favorite parts of the show...

the drums

I love that you can see the guys feet here - I was convinced there was no way that people were doing it because it was so perfect

No comments:

Post a Comment