Tuesday, January 27, 2009

We Have Had a Pencil Stabbing

I had a bit of a work accident today. While talking about a certain situation I was not happy about and holding a pencil I got a little worked up. When I went to toss the pencil on the table I hit the end and stabbed myself in the hand! Now you may laugh, but I'm a tad concerned that there is lead from the pencil still in there and we are going to need to do a little exacto surgery to get it out...hopefully bactine and neosporin will do the trick. To hold me over Maia did a little alcohol swabbing and bandaged me up. I'll keep you updated on the injury.


the offending pencil

2 comments:

  1. I still have a piece of lead in the palm of my left hand from a "stabbling" when I was 13. Now, some might argue that I have suffered a life-long "lead problem", but I think I'm just fine. You will be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a piece of lead in the palm of my hand for years. I don't remember all the details but I think it had something to do with a pencil "sword fight" I was involved in around the 2nd grade or so. I'm pretty sure the other kid got the worst end of the deal BTW. In addition to carrying the piece of lead around in my hand for years I think I also got detention and the chance to write "I will not stab my classmate with a pencil" 1000 times during recess. The lead has finally disappeared - don't ask me where it went.

    ReplyDelete