Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy 2009!

Another year has gone by. It's amazing how fast years go! I got back in town last night shortly before 10:00pm. I had just enough time to partially unpack the car, eat some pizza that my husband lovingly waited to eat with me, and then head over to Kim's house for the last few minutes of 2008. Shortly afterwards we headed back and to bed - yep, we are party animals! :) Such is life when an 11 hour drive consumed your day!

The trip up north was fun - cold, but fun. The day I arrived they got some kind of crazy cold front so I went from about 65 degrees in Charleston to 13 degrees in DC - it was rather intense! Thankfully my parents put in a wood pellet stove and I pretty much lived in front of that for the first 24 hours. My dad brought my jacket from Rainier down for me to wear, which allowed me to venture out a bit farther from the safety and warmth of the bedroom :) Actually, after the first two days the cold front moved on and it got to be a normal temperature that humans are supposed to exist in, so it wasn't that bad. We had a great time, ate lots of cookies, told lots of stories, and generally just hung out for a week.

So, some pictures...

Sandor and I the night before I left to drive to PA - notice I'm wearing short sleeves...

Nikole and I wrapping presents...notice the proximity of the wood pellet stove - very important!

Brandy wrapped in an electric blanket in the kitchen - I'm not kidding you when I say it was freezing!

our favorite house while out looking at Christmas lights

imagination cookies! mom let us go wild with the chocolate roll cookies this year

the pup dogs on Christmas Eve - they helped Santa for a little while :)

I love the tree all lit up on Christmas Eve

Christmas morning - Brandy and I bought each other the same necklace...while purchasing it in different states at different times, yeah how crazy is that!

mom and I making cookies

my dad and Sandor helping Nikole with her puzzle - they had the Christmas morning puzzle done before lunch!

the Walker family getting ready for presents

While looking through the pictures I took I realized that most of them were of the dogs, which may be due in part to we had a small dog pack in the house. Between Belle, Kaylinn, Dudley and Dina, there were bones and beds and dogs everywhere!

they were all very interested in what their stocking had in store for them

they were also interested in eating each other's food - my dog decided to be very picky about what food she ate, who could eat with her and where she would eat...yeah, absurd

we has the obligatory animal outfits

and they loved their new beds compliments of grandma and grandpa


however, going out in the yard may have topped it all

and then coming back in

and then going back out

and then coming back in...I swear it was like a revolving door with 4 dogs running past you every time you headed in or out

Christmas morning was very exciting!

moozles for everyone (pig snouts in human terms..sounds disgusting, they loved it)

Kaylinn and Dudley had fun with their stuffed animals (purchased from the dollar store because we knew this is what they do with them)

we referred to it as the penguin drive by shooting because there were penguin parts and stuffing laying all over the floor

and even Dina knew where the best spot in the house was!
Well, I guess that at some point this year I'm going to need to get out of my pajamas...that however, may be held off just a little longer. :) Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment