Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pause for a Moment

Can we please pause for a moment and discuss how adorable my god-child is? Seriously, I realize that I'm probably a bit biased, but Emily is hilarious. Andrea and I meet for coffee every week to chat while Emily plays and it's been fun seeing the weekly 'what she's learned now' in person. Recently 'what she's learned' has been a plethora of words!

This week Andrea said she was say 'Becky, Becky, Becky' all the way to Barnes and Noble. Of course once she saw me she was acting embarrassed, but soon she warmed right up and started saying my name again. Then as we were waiting for our coffees to be made she kept saying 'go', apparently we were not making out way to the children's area quickly enough. Once we go the coffee and said we were going she yelled 'OK!' very excitedly. Then once we got back to the children's section she said 'up' to indicate she would like the tray in front of her moved so she could get down, and then while Andrea was pulling her hair back she kept saying 'pretty' - apparently Andrea tells her that if she hold still while she puts her hairtie in she will be pretty and so this is Emily's way of reminding herself :) She also is quite good at 'snack' 'please' and 'thank-you' which were all required for her cherrio eating, and when she opened one of the books (which of course she brought over for us to see) she exclaimed 'ohhhh'. It was great.

So, now that you have humored me I will show you some of the cute pictures Andrea sent out this morning and you can go on with your day :)

not sure what she and Jack are doing here, but whatever it is I love it!

I can only assume she is saying 'ohhhh'

apparently she wants more of something becuase she is doing the sign - more pictures of her in front of the Christmas tree is probably not what she is feeling

the one day we had tea at 'Starbucks de Daniels' becuase she was going down for a late nap and I got to see the daddy gets home routine (which was superb by the way - you can't possibly be sad about coming home when there is a little Emily standing at the door yelling daddy, daddy, daddy) - I can only assume that she said 'up' to get herself into this position, as she did so she could watch Jack making their post work cheese and cracker snack
Thanks for that. You may now go on with swooning over the cute children in your life - I will continue swooning over this one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment