Friday, October 24, 2008

Welcome a Guest Blogger

Today, ladies and gentlemen, we welcome a guest blogger to 'Wedded Bliss'. He has been a frequent topic of conversation, and made an appearance in numerous adventures over the past 2 years. His name is...the Chicken.

Many of you may not know that Halloween is my favorite holiday. Last evening I was able to carve my pumpkin. In the atmosphere of this current political season I felt the need to promote peace and harmony. Thus, I decided to carve a peace sign into my pumpkin in the hopes that little trick-or-treaters all over the neighborhood would be inspired by the symbol.

After careful consideration of the tools at my disposal I picked my weapon of choice and began:

I quickly realized my wings were not strong enough to complete the task and I asked enlisted the help of a fellow blogger, known on the world wide web as Agricola. I respected his wishes to remain anonymous, especially considering his political leanings.

TA DA!

Weather conditions in the Charleston area prohibited me from showcasing my pumpkin in the traditional way (with a candle). So, I asked the Agricolae (Agricola's wife) to present the final product.

Happy Halloween.
- the Chicken

P.S. There was some dissent voiced over my choice of the peace sign. Some thought I was jumping on the hippy-peace bandwagon. For the record I remember 1967 (unlike MOST 'hippies' of this generation) when people actually wore large peace medallions and leather headbands (my mother told me not to talk to them). And I lived in Boulder, CO for two years. I think that qualifies me to use the peace sign on my pumpkin.

No comments:

Post a Comment