Friday, October 24, 2008

Can't we all just get along?

I just need to write a post congratulating those of us in the world who are comfortable enough with our opinions as to not need to surround ourselves with only those who agree with us. I think one of the things I most enjoy is understanding why people believe things and what went into their decision making. It annoys me more when someone who agrees with me can't explain their rationale, than when someone who doesn't agree with me can. Especially at this point of the election I would like to thank all those who can confidently, but respectfully discuss their opinions. It makes me smile when I can agree with someone on one point, disagree with them on another, but all the while respect them for their interest in hearing me at the same time as I hear them. I don't understand why some people get so crazy about their political opinions, but apparently it's worth it to them to act psychotic just to attempt to prove a point. Oh well, such is life. I can say that I can't wait for the election to end, I'm ready for politics to slow back down to a simmer rather than a rolling boil.

1 comment:

  1. I'll second that emotion, errrr, that idea.

    ReplyDelete