Friday, October 3, 2008

Sneak Peak of What's to Come

This morning on my bike to work I was a little taken aback by how chilly the breeze is while you are biking. I'm used to running where you wear a long sleeve shirt for the first mile or so and then you are warm enough to sometimes even take that off, but you certainly don't need to wear anything over your shorts unless it is REALLY cold out. Biking is a bit different. You get that breeze from actually riding faster than one would run and so the legs and hands tend to be a little cooler. It seems as though I'm going to need to get some biking pants (and wear my little gloves) now that the mornings are cooling off.

As I was riding I was thinking about the fact that I think a chilly breeze on a bike is cold and in one month I'm going to be leaping into the water in Monterey Bay to go diving in the kelp beds. I'm actually quite excited about it, but being that my poor fingers were cold today I am a little concerned with how well my wimpy body temperature regulator is going to deal with life. After talking to my dad last night I'm also concerned with how much weight I'm going to need to wear. I had to wear 12 pounds when I was diving with nothing but my swimsuit, so I'm probably going to have to wear 40 diving with a 7mm wetsuit. It should be pretty interesting!

But then I think about the fact that I can most certainly suck it up for 45 minutes so that I can see something like this...
Yeah, I think I'll live :)

1 comment: