Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weekend Notes

Well, my body has done it again. I go the entire year without getting sick and pretty much every single January, right after our deductible resets and you have to pay the full amount for doctors visits, I get sick. I'm not feeling horrible, but definitely not well. I almost didn't go (in fact yesterday I tried to ride it out) but when I woke up this morning with my ears and jaw hurting from the head congestion I decided to go if for nothing else to get something to deal with the symptoms. As I suspected, it was a cold, so they couldn't do anything for it, but they did give me stuff for my head. One good thing about having still not gotten around to taking the tree down was that I had something nice to look at while I laid around on the couch all day long.

Kaylinn has also been entertaining me while I've been laying around for two days. Brandy and John got her this enormous bone for Christmas. It's literally as long as she is. For a few days she would sniff it, but not really mess with it much. And then suddenly she decided she was interested in it, and became very concerned someone else may be interested in it. So she now carries it into the bedroom when we go to bed, then back out to the living room when we wake up. I guess carrying is a bit of an exaggeration, with it's size she had to drag it behind her. If she is laying on the couch she drags it over to the couch with her, if she lays on her bed she drags it over to her bed with her. It's quite entertaining.


So, if nothing else I've got entertainment going for me :)

2 comments:

  1. Well.. I bought you a present yesterday - does that make you feel better? You have to come to work to get it though - so get well soon dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing...I'm sick this weekend with a head cold and we still haven't taken our tree down yet either. All I'm missing is a little dog to drag a big bone around the house...:)

    ReplyDelete