Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 2

Throughout all the snowing before Christmas, I was feeling very jealous that I was the only person in my family not getting to play in the snow. And so, when yesterday morning we started seeing the snowflakes fall, I (for one) was quite excited. It snowed, and snowed, and snowed - literally ALL DAY! It was spectacular. This was the view our our window


My run was glorious, however, people found my outfit a little funny :)

I do have to say, it's pretty nice that we are across the street from the hospital, so we don't need to drive anywhere. My mom and Brandy both had a check-up yesterday, so we could just walk across the street. Of course my mom also insisted on us going out to eat yesterday, because her counts are just high enough to allow it. She figured that when she goes in today for her check-up her counts will be so low that she won't be allowed to be in public, so yesterday was the last hurrah, as it were.

Today the streets are cleared and it's not snowing anymore, but we do have quite a bit of snow on the ground...
Today is another check-up for mom and then tomorrow and Tuesday start the big gun chemo treatment. 12 hours each day - sounds horrible! Dad is coming down for a visit today and my Aunt is headed back up to her farm. Brandy is going to update her blog today with a more detailed story on being kicked in the butt by a horse. I figure she earned those scars and should get to explain them, not I. I will say it looks rough! Although she said it doesn't hurt too much more than the day after our marathon :)

1 comment:

  1. You and Brandy wearing those hats just kills me. Hope everyone is feeling sprite-like today. :)

    Keep the posts coming! It's a lifeline for those of us "away" from you.

    ps. no snow - but the water in my birdbath is frozen.

    ReplyDelete