Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snow Thoughts

Well the snow is falling...again. They are calling for another 10-20 inches - I know insanity! The great thing is the doctors let us take home the shots my mom needs everyday so we don't need to attempt the drive to Baltimore tomorrow. And so tomorrow will be the first day in over 3 weeks that my mom will not have to be driven to Hopkins!

Not much else happened today. Brandy took the driving duty and I took the house duty. The biggest excitement was tromping through the snow to the bird feeders - actually kinda fun. During devotions this morning these verses especially struck me, so I figured I'd share them. The interesting thing is part of the verses are the same ones that spoke to me when I was writing the 'Warning: Real Life Ahead' post. Today they meant something totally different to me. Living word in action, people!

If God is for us who can be against us? He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things? Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword? No, in all things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. - Romans 8: 31-32, 35, 37-39

How can't you feel invincible after that?! Nothing can separate me from the love of God, my family is happy and healthy (relatively speaking :) ), Sandor's birthday surprise was a success, beautiful snow is falling, LOST is less than an hour away, and I'm about to make chocolate banana milkshakes all around. Happy snow day Mid-Atlantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment