Wednesday, February 10, 2010

A Dog's Snowy Wonderland

It's snowing again! A lot. I figured I would share some pictures for all of those who can't look out the window and see it.


The dogs are hysterical. They split their time between making trails, and running in the trails they made.

They also spend a lot of time trying to scare off the birds. The birds have figured out they can't get to them, but I will say the longer it snow the closer they get to being able to jump over the fence.

My dad took them outside the gate and helped them blaze a trail to the bird feeders. They felt much better being able to chase them away.

Here is Kaylinn's trail to the top of the picnic table.

They also like to stand on the porch and contemplate jumping down. At this point the snow is right below the porch, so they could, but they would sink down a good 6 feet after the fact...somehow they sense this.
Of course, not all the dogs feel the snow is that exciting. Tootsie and Belle are sitting on the bed with mom (notice we lost the isolation battle with mom)

Kaylinn is not one of those dogs, she is LOVING the snow!

Problem is the aftermath...I mean, honestly, look at this! She is a walking ball of snow.

Still snowing...

3 comments:

  1. OMG. The picture of Dudley running full tilt at the camera on the "trail", ears flapping behind is one of my favorite pictures, ever. The birds at the feeder reminds me of my home. Thanks for posting sis!

    ps. Superwoman (I mean Sue) looks great! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you took the camera: these pictures are AWESOME. The puppsters look like they're having a blast (I'm sure they'd feel differently if they had to shovel the driveway on a daily basis). My favorite would have to be the meerkat Caoilainn, poking her head out from the pile of snow atop the picnic table.

    Your mom appears to be in great spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow these pictures are HILARIOUS! Rhett probably thinks I'm a weirdo for laughing out loud in my cubicle. Thanks for sharing and I hope you all are staying safe with all that snow!

    ReplyDelete