Friday, October 9, 2009

Confusion

So quick question...when did the Nobel Peace Prize become a joke, or worse, some kind of political statement? Al Gore and now Obama? I mean I voted for the guy, I support him and his presidency, but I still don't see what he's done for world peace. He's been president for less than a year. Somehow I feel like they could have found someone on this planet who's been doing what they are doing for more than a year and thus a bit more deserving. I'm not saying he's not going to do anything for world peace, I'm just saying you don't give someone an award for what you THINK they are going to do, you give them an award for what they've DONE. Perhaps, I'm crazy.

2 comments:

  1. I just read somewhere (not verified) that the deadline for submitting nominations was 12 days after The One ascended to his presidency. Would love to know who nominated him. A complete farce, which typifies the machinations of the international political community

    ReplyDelete
  2. I come at it from the angle the world recognizes the possibility. The recognition is that finally the word has the hope, the possibility and it is evident in our President. It puts a lot of pressure on his ability, but I think he is the kind of person who will rise to that expectation and not let us, or the world, down. I believe in the possibility and appreciate its recognition.

    ReplyDelete