Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Convenience

Last year Maia gave me a few issues of the magazine Real Simple which she for some reason was getting but had determined was certainly not her thing. Well, I ended up getting rather hooked on their ideas, which while I will never end up doing all the ones I think are good, are actually rather slick when you remember them. They also have a lot of good recipes in them, which as you would suspect are simple to do. So, when I got a free magazine subscription of my choice this year I went ahead and ordered Real Simple. This week we have been cooking some recipes from the '18 easy upgrades for your favorite convenience foods' article. It has been quite a hit. The recipes take a standard cooking item, like marinara sauce or frozen pizza or chicken noodle soup, and they add a few things to it, cook it about 15-20 minutes and suddenly you have dinner in no time flat. Last night we had the spicy shrimp and pasta - mmm...delicious! There is little more wonderful than a meal that only took 30 minutes too cook, tastes good, and only has one pan and 2 plates to wash up afterwards!

1 comment: