Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Snowy Morning

Apparently when you have 6 months worth of training happen in a 6 week span you tend to lose track of life outside of work...so sorry for the major gaps in life, but alas, when you do outreach you go with the flow as far as when people can attend events. As such, I was happy to escape work life and head to West Virginia for the World Party. On the way up we found out that it was snowing in the mountains, but we never actually hit anything other than slushy rain (thankfully! anyone who has driven in the dark, up mountains, past 18 wheelers, and then add snow to the mix would agree). However, the next morning we woke up to big flakes of snow quickly filling the parking lot. By the time my dad and I got out to the car to drive to my aunt's and help load up the supplies the view from the car was fun (because I never see snow anymore), but a little daunting (because I never see snow anymore...i.e. never drive in snow anymore).

I took this while my dad cleaned off the car with a piece of paper that was on the floorboard - another thing about not seeing snow is that you don't have things to clean off snow with. And yes, my dad still cleans the snow off my car :)

After a very calm drive to my aunt's house (I was impressed at how well the Saturn handled it's first trip in the snow). We found Jordan outside playing with their dog Zimmer, and the Kaylinn pup who was quite intrigued by this interesting thing falling from the sky. She was cracking us up with her attempts to bring her ball back to you (in her unending need to play fetch) and yet her hatred of how cold the ball was and specifically how cold the snow on her ball was. She would roll it around with her paws trying to push off the snow and then grab it and throw it forward, run to where it fell, grab it again... It was awesome.

In the end she determined she would rather just sit in the snow and relax. Crazy dog!

By the time we were ready to leave and head to the church to set up the snow had stopped, and by the time we had set everything up, made an insane number of cookies, and headed home to rest before the event started, there was no snow left on the ground. Short lived, but very fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment