Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Get Ready for Christmas!

AHHH, December is here! To get ourselves in the Christmas spirit (well, to get Sandor in the Christmas spirit, I don't need any help) we decorated the house this weekend. I love opening up the chest I keep all the decorations in because thanks to the candles it smells like Christmas when you open it! We started with a little new decoration...Kaylinn HATED it, but whatever it was cute :)

Shortly after that picture was taken she jumped off the bed, shook her head really hard to make the bows fall off and ran away. I can't really blame her :) She warmed back up to the Christmas-ness however and hung out on the bed while I was deciding what to hang up this year.
And then in grand puppy form even watched as Sandor set the tree up. Notice her early Christmas present around her neck...a barking collar. We've come to the end of screaming for her to stop barking, the barking collar is now in charge. poor Kaylinn.



Up next was the fireplace. Some Christmas stockings, a little nativity and a few candle and we are looking very merry.


I even found an angel to hang over the nativity!

Now the next set of pictures is for my mom. Probably everyone else in the world is not interested in seeing the decorations all over my house, but I know she will be - so here you go mom. The dining room...
The kitchen...
And even the bathroom...
And finally the tree! Sandor was an excellent sport and took a break from homework to help me with the tree. He in fact did all the lights, christmas balls, and lots of ornaments...

Leia was a bit interested by the whole experience...even Mishu came over for a sniff...
The final product!

2 comments:

  1. Love the decor! And I want Christmas cookies!!! Yummm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The felines have taken a renewed interest in the tree: I am finding decorations strewn throughout the house (living and dining rooms, at any rate) and the icicle rope and some of the lights have have been pulled off. But on the flip side, I get to decorate a Christmas tree every day this season :o)

    "Why's all the rum gone... [from my egg nog]?"

    ReplyDelete