Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Winter Picnic

For whatever reason I was in the mood for egg salad today - problem being I had no eggs, let alone egg salad. Thankfully my sweet husband had off work today and agreed to 1) go to the store for eggs and bread, 2) boil the eggs, and 3) bring said eggs, bread, and the other necessary items for egg salad over to work so I could make us lunch. Since apparently the whole winter weather thing was just a joke we decided to have a picnic in the 70 degree weather outside! It is a beautiful day and it's hard to beat the view from behind my building where the picnic tables are...
Kaylinn joined us and while she was a bit confused about the whole boat basin idea, she enjoyed sniffing the grass and rocks and watching the birds and bugs. She was amazing well behaved and didn't bark at even one person! Way to go Kaylinn!


The egg salad preparation was a little interesting since I was doing it without a knife and on a table in the wind, but all turned out well and the sandwiches were DELICIOUS! And now I don't have to live for a week craving egg salad (if I don't eat what I'm in the mood for that is all I want to eat for weeks!).

2 comments:

  1. ahem...I see you've found yet another creative way to work in that view thing ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Egg salad isn't even my thing and I want some!

    ReplyDelete