Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Puppy Days

So I realized in my post-Thanksgiving 'good God there is a lot to do at work' haze that I never put up a Thanksgiving blog post. In perusing my pictures to decide what all to write about I realized that I have two categories of pictures - 1) people cooking and 2) dogs. Now while Thanksgiving is definitely all about eating...hence the many pictures of cooking...that's not very interesting blog material. Thus, we shall instead peruse some pictures of dogs, since they are far cuter :)

The drive to Brandy and John's house, which we shall be refer to from this point forward as the 'drive that shall not be named' began with me sitting in a traffic jam that took 2 hours for me to move the 4 miles between the first Summerville and the last Summerville exit. Leaving me an additional 4 hours to actually GET to my destination. It was not a pretty experience. But, I did in fact get there, puppy in tow. Sandor drove up that night as well but separate from me because he had to work that night, and work on Friday (can't really ask off work on Black Friday when you work retail), and my parents drove down the next day because my dad had to get his ankle checked and his stitches taken out.

So, the next morning dawns, we allow the dogs to go outside and play because they are annoyingly excited about life together. Dudley has a boundary collar so that keeps him in range of the house and Kaylinn generally stays in the same general region because her purpose for being outside is in fact to play and he can only go so far, so they settle for near the house playing.

Dudley and Kaylinn's idea of a good time together -
looks uncomfortable to me, but they love it

Previous to the boundary collar, however, Dudley kindly showed Kaylinn where the small creek that runs behind their house is located. Apparently Kaylinn remembered said creek and decided to go play in it real quick and then come back to wrestle Dudley because this is what she looked like when we went outside to check on them...

Therefore into the hose went the two dogs so we could head out to go climbing. The pups went along with us and enjoyed the hike up to the climbing walls.

And while at the climbing walls they enjoyed chewing on some sticks, which are apparently very tasty in dog world.

They are so cute, I just had to put more pictures of them on here...


oh and since this was Sandor's first try at tackling a vertical wall, I figured I should put that on here too...he did quite well in fact

Mom, Dad and Nikole arrived that night and the next day we got up ready to cook! Brandy and I took care of the pumpkin pie, my mom took care of the turkey and stuffing, and then we sat around for the better portion of the day while the turkey cooked before we started up the rest of the dinner. Having realized that every time we left Kaylinn and Dudley out of the house Kaylinn ran straight for her little mud pile of fun we devised a scheme to tie her to to the car.

Problem being she would get herself all wrapped up around things because she wasn't used to being tied up. We looked out and saw her sitting next to the one bush looking all cute and I went to get my camera to take a picture, at which point I realized she wasn't sitting there looking cute, she was all wrapped up in the tree and couldn't move :)

I realized in all this I never mentioned the poor Belle. She had a rough week of it last week - nearly meeting her maker. However, she rallied through it and thanks to some antibiotics and pain pills she was her normal begging self. Man that dog can beg with the best of them!

Dad hung around the house for most of the time since he couldn't really do anything with the broken ankle (it's been a rough few weeks in the Walker household between ankles being broken, dogs unable to walk, and cars breaking). The pups took breaks from their wrestling to keep him company though.

And then back to wrestling they would go, which would then instigate us putting them back outside to wrestle where they can't knock things over. We did go out and get a run line for Kaylinn so that she wasn't tied up where she could wrap herself around as much. They seemed to enjoy it much more.
They could also dig in this area since there was less grass and more dirt. Although they always insist on digging the same hole.


My caption for this photo: What? We didn't do it.
It was a great weekend, all topped off with a great meal. And now it's finally time for Christmas!! I LOVE Christmas! And I am not in any way joking. It is absolutely my favorite holiday of all time. This is the first year I won't be going home to my parent's house for Christmas so this weekend I'm decorating the condo to get in the spirit...and maybe I'll even start cookies :)

1 comment:

  1. at first I thought I had found a typo in your first sentence but as I read on I think that maybe you did "pup up a Thanksgiving blog post" ;)

    ReplyDelete