Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Conference Check-in

So, I've been in New England this week, attending the Estuarine Research Federation conference in balmy Providence, RI :) Actually, it's quite a relief as far as weather is concerned since I do love sleeping under lots of warm covers. It's just been a bit of a shock to the system to need gloves in the morning! I finally found time to sit down and check e-mail which then led me to check Rachel's blog, which then made me feel totally inadequate since she has actually stuck to her post a day resolution of the month, while I have a measly one post for November. Thus, my little hello from the Ocean State. I did my presentation this morning, and spoke to my friend Stacy's class at Tufts last night, which puts the stress level of my week back down on the zero scale. Both went extremely well, and I am in fact learning quite a bit - although it's been a while since I've been at a big scientific conference so the brain cells are starting to tire! AND there is this chocolate shop on the 2nd floor of the convention center which you have to walk by every time to change from one set of rooms to the other! So mean of them! So, I guess it's time to get back on my game - I felt I deserved a break after an intense evening and morning combo, but to the grind stone I return. Seeing as how I decided to post this instead of go to the 3:00 talk I've missed 'Circulation in a semi-enclosed bay driven by sea level variations and wind'. Instead I'm off to learn about 'Building Consensus in a Non-Regulatory Approach'... if you laugh at me for choosing this option imagine my glee when I could go there instead of 'Tracking the uptake and fate of benthic microalgal carbon and nitrogen: a dual isotopic approach'. Bring on the caffeine!

2 comments:

  1. You sure do get to travel a lot...my last out-of-towner paid for by the DNR was to ............Latta, SC. Oh well...what else would one expect from the office with the incredible view girl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - don't worry! I'm totally regretting commiting to the post every day thing! Can't wait for the month to be over.

    ReplyDelete