Friday, September 10, 2010

How are you?

I never know how to answer that question. I'm obviously not good, but at the same time I could always be worse, and at the point when people are usually asking the question I have been worse so I hate to answer bad. This morning I determined this is a good example of how I am.

Every morning I wake up feeling normal, and then I remember. I assume this searing pain of remembering goes away eventually. As of this morning, however, it has not. And I've never in my life experienced anything as horrible as that moment that I remember. So, the rest of the day in contrast is technically better. Until the next morning. Sometimes I'm glad I don't have to share that moment with anyone except the dog. Other times I want someone to hold me a let me cry. Eventually that moment passes and I get up and start my day.

That is how I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment