Monday, May 4, 2009

A Toast to Kathleen and Jimmy

How much do I love Kathleen and Jimmy? A whole lot! But really, what is there not to love? This weekend was their wedding. Since I happened to have jury duty I couldn't take the 4 day weekend we were planning to take in order to make what ended up being the 1600 mile drive. Instead we woke up at 5 am on Friday to start the weekend! And I can say every mile was worth it!

First order of business upon reaching MD was to drop Kaylinn off with my dad at his work so that we could head back to DC for the rehearsal dinner. It was a boat ride on the Potomac, which was a wonderful way to start out their wedding weekend! We got there with a little extra time to spare so we headed up and checked out one wing of one floor of the American History Smithsonian. It made me realize that I need to go to all these museums again now that I'm an adult and will appreciate them :) Somehow I think the high school and middle school field trip Becky just didn't appreciate it as much as I would now! Of course the camera battery died after about 4 pictures which means I'll be waiting for a few pics from other people on the boat.

We drove back up to my parents' house for the night and I woke up to go to swim practice with Nikole and my parents' in the morning. After a shower and some lunch it was back down to DC for the wedding. The ceremony was in this adorable church in Silver Spring. Kathleen and Jimmy were adorable as always. For anyone who has not yet gotten married I highly recommend taking a picture of everyone after the ceremony. They had everyone gather in a group and get a group shot which was brilliant!


my favorite of all wedding moments - walking out after the ceremony
The ceremony was followed by a great reception at the Hilton. LOTS of dancing, which is to be expected when Kathleen is involved :) The toasts were extremely cute and continually said what I had told everyone before heading up for the wedding - I've never met any couple so perfectly suited for each other as Kathleen and Jimmy. They honestly are perfect. These were my two favorite pictures I snapped during the reception...

Beyond getting to see Kathleen and Jimmy, it was great to see people from college that I haven't seen in years! Somehow I didn't actually take any pictures of everyone, so I'll have to rely on the photographer to get some pics. Why am I such a bad photographer at weddings? I get all caught up in talking and forget to picture take!

All the chatting made me pull out the picture albums from college and scan a few pics. While flipping through the books I realized that a) apparently we took a LOT of pictures and b) most of them are totally inappropriate to post in any sort of public forum. Such is college life :) But here are a few fun ones...

Kathleen, Caitlyn and I
the girls swim team

Bob and Tim and I in Florida during winter training
me and SherwoodMels, Liza and I - what goggles are totally normal to wear inside :)this one just made me laugh :)as always, if you put us together in a room there will be much talk of the Lucky 7 Cabin trips...

We used to put OOC on people's arms when they were 'out of control'. What constituted out of control was entirely up to the person holding the sharpie marker. We really wanted to put OOC on Kathleen's arm, but felt it might be inappropriate to mess up her wedding shots :)
At one point the DJ played Bon Jovi, which I literally can still not listen to without thinking of the swim team parties, and specifically screaming the lyrics with Kathleen and Melanie. We all jumped up and danced screaming the lyrics as loud as we could. For one small moment we were all back at St. Mary's.

1 comment: