Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Must Do List

Still no talking about the case. In the meantime I will give you a list of must do's in case you ever are chosen for a jury of such length...

1) Make sure you have or go out and buy many cute shoes and jewelry. You don't have a lot to look forward to each day, so the least you can provide yourself is some happiness at looking at your cute shoes and/or jewelry and having others comment on your cute shoes and/or jewelry. It may sound shallow, but deal with it, it's true. Today, one of the guys on the jury asked me how many shoes I have. He was shocked when I said probably around 30. That was until the woman beside me said - same for me, if not more. He was thoroughly confused as he owns 2. It really worked out well that my jewelry from the jewelry party arrived mid last week. That has made my morning outfit selection far more interesting.

2) Find as many good restaurants as you can located within a short walking distance of the courthouse. Other than cute shoes and jewelry, what you are going to eat for lunch is about the only other thing you have to look forward to. Again, perhaps I sound shallow as I sit on a jury deciding on the future of a person's life, but I'm just being realistic. I am totally committed to considering the evidence and giving a just verdict. But until I am allowed to do that, I'm interested in having a tasty lunch. So far we've found quite a few good ones. The court clerk actually sent 3 marshals with us today to buy us lunch! It was quite awesome. Apparently us coming to court on time every day is worthy of being rewarded - see, sometimes you are rewarded for doing things that you are expected to do!

3) Buy a whole lot of easy to make dinners, or find a bunch of cheap take out places. After listening and processing information all day every day the last thing I ever feel like doing at 6:30 at night is first, figuring out what to make, and then buying the food, and then actually making it. Poor Sandor hasn't had a decent dinner made for him since this thing began. Tonight in fact he is cooking dinner for me right now (how I love my husband!).

No comments:

Post a Comment