Monday, November 16, 2009

Technology Overload

I'm feeling a bit of a technology overload - information overload really, but it's coming at me via technology, so I'm really just addressing the root of the information overload problem. I was feeling it before I left for California, so I took a rest from technology and literally did not check e-mail, voicemail, facebook, blogs or anything else that was technology related except for once to get a website off an e-mail that I needed for a session at the conference. I was hoping that would cure me, however, I'm still feeling overwhelmed. I have determined that the reason is while I did take a break from technology, I didn't take a break from information and so my brain is still feeling overworked - the 220 e-mails I saw in my inbox this morning certainly didn't help. Oh well, perhaps over Christmas I'll take a technology AND information break...we'll see how that goes. I do have to say, sitting in a huge bathtub at a hotel with a glass of Perrier and a good book beats Facebook any day of the week! Oh, and I really will be getting pictures from the trip up here at some point...that point, however is not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment