Friday, November 6, 2009

Mile High Post

Check it out! I am flying over the US right now AND posting a blog! Delta is running some kind of promotional where you can use their in flight wireless for free...so why not? I knew that if I could just make it to the airport this morning that the craziness of the past few weeks would subside. And thus my need for a pause button no longer! And now for my mini-vacation pre-conference. I've got a week long conference in San Diego!

When I originally found out that this year's reserve annual meeting was in San Diego I had all kinds of plans for a long pre or post conference vacation similar to last year's trip through Yosemite and Big Sur. However, that was cut short when I wasn't chosen to travel because of travel cuts...a decision that changed about 2 weeks ago...hence the last minute craziness of getting ready, which was added on top of an already crazy fall calendar...something about education programs and the fall, it's always nuts at this time of year and my ongoing process of getting used to having 2 jobs and the drama of life going on around me at this particular moment in time...life is a little intense right now. So, when I found out that I was in fact going to San Diego, I needed to do a little prioritizing.

The funny thing about not having as much time as you would like is that you end up actually figuring out what you want to do. So, today when I land I'm headed to the San Diego Zoo...which I happen to have wanted to go to since I was about 10 years old - pretty much about the age I started realizing what I wanted to do with my life, an internationally renowned zoo fit right into my list of places I wanted to visit! It didn't take me long to determine that portion of my list of things I like to do rose to the top. And then tomorrow Nicole and I will head to Joshua Tree National Park - something that I've wanted to do for a shorter time period, but has been high on the places to visit at some point nonetheless. Other than a trip through Death Valley back in high school, I've not visited the desert, so to the desert I will go!

After the past few weeks I think that 2 days of vacation is just what the self-doctor ordered :)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that really is awesome. Love me airborne Internet:-)

    ReplyDelete