Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Now Really...

I think that perhaps someone is playing a joke on me this week to see how far I can be pushed before I lose it. This is the conversation I had moments ago with a representative of an anonymous lunch place (that just so happened to me mentioned in my last post):

Me: Hi, I'm calling to get a receipt for an order I picked up on Monday. There was no receipt in the bags with the lunches.
Woman: What is your name?
I answer
Woman: What is your organization?
I answer
Woman: What would you like to order?
Me: No, I'm not calling to make an order, I'm calling to get a receipt for an order.
Woman: What is your organization?
I answer
Woman: Can you hold on a minute?
Me: Yes
Woman (after me holding for a bit): Yes?
Me: Excuse me?
Woman: What is your order?
Me: I'm calling for a receipt.
Woman: Oh, I can't find it.
Me: Well, I'm going to need it in order to have the state pay you.
Woman: Well I'll look for it and call you if I find it.
Me: What if you don't find it?
Woman: silence
Me: Is there someone I can talk to if you don't find it?
Woman: Yes, (and gives the person's name)
Me: When is he in the office?
Woman: Oh, he is right here.
Me: Well then could I speak to him.
Woman: No, he's in a meeting.
Me: Well, then when could I call back to speak to him?
Woman: In 5 minutes.
Me: Thank you

Now REALLY! That is just not a normal conversation - or at least normal people should not have to sit through that conversation. So, I shall now call back and try to get a receipt so that I can pay for lunches that weren't made when they were supposed to be, so that I can put one more thing on my desk away today.

No comments:

Post a Comment