Thursday, May 8, 2008

2 years and counting

Yesterday was our 2 year anniversary! We went out to eat at a fondue restaurant last week because the coupon we wanted to use expired this weekend (this is how you celebrate anniversaries on a budget). So for our actual anniversary Maia and I went grocery shopping during lunch yesterday to find all the makings for a dinner. It just so happened that with our plethora of onions and squash in our weekly vegetables all I needed was a nice orange pepper to round out a delicious veggie side (with the help of some olive oil and thyme from our little garden on the porch). We walked back to the meat section to decide on something delicious and they had fresh cordon blues that you just needed to throw in the oven for 25 minute to cook! It just so happens that Sandor is obsessed with cordon blues and has been asking me to get the frozen ones for him for some time. I not being a fan of the frozen ones keep forgetting, so I figured I would see how he liked fresh ones...and he was not disappointed! Throw a little couscous on the side, some dill Havarti cheese with crackers as an appetizer, and a delicious fruit tart with a chocolate mousse as dessert, and you have yourself a delicious meal! And then to top it all off Maia and I found a bottle of wine on sale (again, living in budget land) and while we were eating I realized that is was vintage 2006 (i.e. the year we were married) and Sandor saw that the winery was established in 1978 (i.e. the year we were both born). How weird is that?

quite impressive for 40 bucks! and it looks very nice next to the flowers Sandor got for me (calla lillies, gerber daisies, and roses - 3 of my favorite flowers!)
the animals were kinda upset that dinner was so good there were no leftovers. they fell asleep beside the table waiting for us to finish up.
It was an excellent meal - and only took me 30 minutes to prepare! Watch out Rachel Ray! Afterwards however, is when you could tell it was our second, not our first anniversary - we hung out and watched TV with the animals - normalcy is nice sometimes :)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both. The meal looks absolutely delicious! (Better than our tuna, which was a little fishy...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I can't believe it's been 2 years except that I look at your wedding pictures and there's this very little baby in them. And I look at my son and he's this full-grown person. So, I guess time HAS flown!

    ReplyDelete