Friday, April 8, 2011

Run Walkers Run

Day 17: a photo from a trip you'll never forget

There are SO MANY pictures of trips that fit this label I've been trying to decide what to post. Finally I determined that my procrastination is not making this blog get any more interesting and so I decided to choose one that I never had until Lisa sent me the 4 pictures of us that she could find (we for some reason have issues remembering to take pictures when we are together - we have been friends for over 20 years and I think have a total of 6 pictures together - I am not joking!) ...hence I have chosen my trip to Chicago to run the Chicago Marathon with Brandy and my Dad.

First of all, anyone who has run a marathon knows you are doubtful to forget it, secondly, it was classic Walker trip with ceilings falling in, hobbling through the streets of Chicago as we try to sight see after running 26.2 miles, and generally having fun with each other and friends...who came to Chicago to see us run you ask?! Why my gloriously wonderful Lisa, Kathleen and Tim found their ways (some longer than others) into town to see me and make what will forever go down in history as the best marathon sign ever...Run Walkers Run...they realized after holding it for a while and getting some odd looks that people may possibly be misinterpreting the Walkers to not be our last name and instead be those who were walking...opps :) I say deal with life. They were at the finish line, if you walking the last .2 miles you SHOULD be told to run!

1 comment: