Thursday, April 28, 2011

Crazy Walkers

Day 22: a photo that you associate a good memory with

There is little on earth I find as utterly entertaining as my family. And from what I hear from my friends, there is little on earth THEY find as entertaining as MY family. We are just that crazy. This picture kinda sums it up for me.

This picture was taken the night before my Aunt Cindy's (the one in pink) wedding. And that night was pretty much classic Walker. Let me give you a quick rundown...the day started pretty calm with a few of us meeting my aunt at a salon so we could get our nails done and she could get a massage or facial (I forget which). At this point I remembered why I love my family. At any given moment things are going in 10 different directions, people are holding a solid 3 to 4 different conversations with different people, there are usually about 4 problems that are being solved simultaneously while about 5 more problems are being made, and yet somehow we find this to be not stressful...it's just the way it is. Once done at the salon, we head to the hotel where everyone eventually gathers in the lobby to head to the pizza pre-wedding party. Now, so that you have an understanding of the size of the Walker family, you should know that there are 6 kids and each kid has numerous kids...and all of us inherited the crazy gene. Hence it was obviously necessary for us to coordinate the travel to the pizza place with...wait for it...walkie talkies. I'm not kidding you, we did.

So, pizza was good, we took up half of one of the rooms and we definitely THAT table (or set of tables as it were). We definitely lost the video camera at some point, lost a few people as well, but we eventually found them all and headed back to the hotel for a "calm" evening. All the girls (well most of the girls) gathered in Cindy's room to finish up the "last few items on the list of things to do". Note that I put that in quotes. I wish I had a picture of our faces as Cindy read the list...it went something along the lines of...finish up the ring pillow, glue, fold and stuff all the programs, finish the dress (yes, the dress), select all the music for the ceremony and the special dances at the reception and get it on CDs...I think you get the picture, it was NOT a small list. The picture above was taken sometime around the time we were all starting to separate into groups so that we could get everything done (good thing to have a big family at this point) and the way everyone is looking at everyone else just cracks me up.

Oh, but there's more. Doing all of that the night before the wedding wouldn't have been nearly enough craziness, so we decided to add in a bit more...the missing whereabouts of the wedding rings and the passports necessary for leaving that weekend for a cruise. Watching the video camera as people slowly find out is hysterical. Each person's face is priceless, and their initial reaction was so perfect for each of their personalities. Eventually, they were found, and the wedding went off without a hitch...would you expect anything less from a mass quantity of Walker genes? Ahhh, good times, people, good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment