Monday, June 14, 2010

Thera-Flu

I realize that I have been slack on posting and thus 2 posts in one day is a little over the top, but I felt that for the good of society I needed to get this on the internet. If you at all value your taste buds DO NOT drink Thera-Flu lemon flavor. It is possibly the worst taste I have EVER had. I'm not even joking - I know you think that I am, but it's been almost a week since I drank it and as you can see I'm still emotionally scared.

When I was sick last week I went home from work early on Tuesday to try to sleep for an hour before going in to VBS. I figured I would check what cold and flu items I had at the house to attempt to give myself an extra boost of feeling better, and as it turned out I had lemon flavored Thera-Flu. Now I don't remember buying this, or ever drinking it, although it was opened, so I figured I would make myself some hot water, pour that in, enjoy a hot throat soothing drink while sitting on the couch with the dog, lay down and take a nap and then go on my merry way. Wow. Was I in for a surprise. I mixed the powder into the hot water and took a sip and wanted to puke. I thought 'there is no way I can drink this entire cup, I must have done something wrong, maybe too much water, maybe not enough'. So I look on the package and no, I was correct - 6 ounces of water, no more, no less, and you are supposed to drink the whole thing in 10 minutes. Well I had just spent 3 minutes recovering from my first gag reflex and re-reading the directions so I better boogie. So I threw an ice cube in thinking, well at least if it's not scalding hot I can just chug it down and that won't be so bad. I am not kidding when I say it was all I could do to finish that cup. I tried the chugging, the holding your nose while you drink, the pretending it was something different, the tiny sips all in a row. EVERYTHING I could think of. And knowing you have a time frame to drink it in does not make it relaxing, let me say that! Finally, I drank the last of it, forced back the last of the gag reflex, threw the entire box into the trash and went to bed.

So, consider yourself warned. I may have felt a little better, but my taste buds have yet to forgive me. Do NOT trust this packaging:

No comments:

Post a Comment