Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Separation Anxiety

Well, I'm not really certain how to sum up Panama except intense and amazing. I have never seen God's hand so clearly evident in so unexpected and extreme ways. I don't know that I truly have the words to express it all right now and since I've got 200 e-mails sitting to read I figure I 'll wait to try, but after everything our group went through the past 9 days I had a weird separation anxiety when I left them all yesterday. There is something comforting about knowing that you can just grab someone's hand and they sense what they need to pray for based on your common experiences over the past few days, so leaving that to drive home to a 'normal life' was kinda of weird to say the least. I'm really glad Brandy and John were there to pick me up at the airport - I think driving home alone would have been rough. I almost cried when I hugged Brandy, and the kids giving me huge hugs and saying they prayed for me every day about made me cry again. Tasha said that every night when they sat down to do their nighttime prayers she said 'let's pray for Ms. Becky first'. It was too cute. Last night before I went to bed I texted the girls from the trip 'dulce suena' - it was nice to be home, but it just seemed strange not telling them goodnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment