Tuesday, March 30, 2010

This Week

Two major things happen this week (well I'm sure there are a lot of other major things I don't know about going on in the world, but there are two in my life). On Friday I turn 32. Today my cousin turns 16. I'm not sure which is more disturbing. Actually, I take that back, I am sure. For some reason I don't find it difficult to see myself grow older. It do however find it rather insane that the little boy I took on walks to the park in a stroller and swung in the backyard while he learned the names of all the ocean animals on my t-shirt is turning 16. I still have that shirt, by the way. I have a box of t-shirts that have specific meaning to me that I just can't bear to throw away. And that will forever be my Jack shirt. Happy 16th Birthday Jack!

1 comment:

  1. As I read this, tears streamed down my face and continue to do so. This has been an emotional month for so many reasons, all having to do with family, but this entry is so close to my heart because I am the Aunt of this wonderful young woman as well as the mother of the "Jack" she is writing about. It is moments like these that make one realize the footprints those you love put on your heart. Being an aunt, a mom, a sister, a wife, and a friend is forever teaching me the meaning of love, as well as the capacity to love within in us. This is one of those moments!
    Thank you for you, Love Aunt Dona

    ReplyDelete