Thursday, June 12, 2008

Gado Gado

And the cooking disasters continue... With the new vegetables coming every week I'm trying to branch out and try new recipes. We are also getting vegetables that I would not necessarily have bought were I walking through a grocery store, so I'm trying to branch into the recipes that I never would have looked at otherwise and see if there is something we've been missing out there. Well...I'll tell you one thing we were not missing...gado gado. For the last 45 minutes I've been chopping and measuring and mixing. Unfortunately to no avail. We just sat down to try it out and let me sum it up by saying there is a pizza in the oven as we speak (well type). We tried really hard to pretend it was good, but half way through the plate we both determined we had vegetabled ourselves up enough and were ready for some actual sustenance. Let's hope the other two new recipes I'll be making this week turn out a lot better!

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better. I'm constantly testing recipes that do not end up on my site. I want to do the CSA but it's so far from Moncks Corner.
    Good luck, I hope the pizza was good.

    ReplyDelete