Friday, June 27, 2008

Back in the Groove

It's always hard coming back after a vacation, but coming back after a vacation and then a work trip combo is not a great experience. I returned to the office to about 200 e-mails, of which I'm pretty sure as of 5:30 today I had only responded/dealt with about half. Seems as though I'll be doing a bit of work this weekend. Oh well, this is the first vacation I've really not checked e-mail and not felt bad about it. So, I guess this is my payback :)

The animals are back in the swing of things as well. Leia celebrated her 1st birthday today. As a treat we bought the cats one of those fancy wet cat food things. The birthday feline was very interested in smelling it, but really had no interest in actually eating it. Mishu on the other hand, who we have been concerned is being bullied out of dinner by Leia was all about it. She finished the entire plate of it that I had put out of the two of them. Either Mishu LOVES Alaskan salmon cat food or she really is getting bullied out of eating and was starving!

I was pretty good at the exercising this week - 2 runs and 1 swim. Tomorrow Brandy and I are planning to run the bridge an then I think I'll do a little stationary bike on Sunday. I'm now able to run 3 full miles without feeling like laying down and dying, so that's an improvement. Baby steps.

Well, I'm going to get back to scrapbooking for the rest of the evening - I was feeling good about myself because I got all the way to the middle of the Rainier trip last time I cropped with Brandy in May. Unfortunately when I started back up today I was at the exact same place, so I'm still a year behind in pictures. Last year was a super busy year, so I've got to get moving. Depending on how I'm feeling I may try to can some tomatoes tomorrow instead of continuing my scrapbooking obsession...we shall see...

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for physical activity!!!! I am celebrating 216 miles riding my Trek to and from work since June 10th!!! The Rail Trail Rocks my soul!!!

    Yesterday's ride home was a bit difficult... my mouth really hurt. Turns out I have an abscess and need a root canal. Oh, goody.

    Three day weekend... think I can get caught up to my blogging?

    Have a great one! - Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. There are some times when a high pain threshold does NOT come in handy.....

    ReplyDelete