Friday, October 12, 2007

A New View

I have a new office at work! It was kinda a pain moving everything - which is what I have been spending the better part of my week doing. There is less space in my new desk, which necessitated moving what was in my desk to my filing cabinent, which necessitated organizing my filing cabinet, which made more things need to move into the storage cabinet, which again necessitated more organizing of the storage cabinet...you get the point. But for my new view I think you'll agree it was well worth it :)

during the moving process

my old office all empty and sad

my new office! it's a little dark because of the sun from the back

new much larger view of the harbor!

this office is also a LOT bigger - I have a whole wing for files, books and storage

there is also a 'relaxation wing' - Maia and I on the couch after a week well spent

5 comments:

  1. Cannot believe you have that beautiful window!!!!!! How awesome! My office is windowless! Boo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago in Los Angeles, I worked in an underground office - a sub basement level - so I bought a poster of a window.

    It showed a window with venetian blinds, a potted plant on the sill and a peek out at 43rd street in NYC.

    It drew lots of comments.

    You have the real deal. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great view! Congrats on the new office.

    Random question: Who makes those desk chairs? We had them when I was in the USAF and can't find who makes them any more. I want one for the house.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the chair is from Herman Miller and it's glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now wait just a minute here girl...we've already discussed the fact that we both work for DNR and I have a view of a parking lot here in Columbia...and you've already got a view of Charleston harbor... and now you're telling (and showing!) me you've moved to another office with a corner view of the harbor?!? Life (not to mention office assignments) just isn't fair!! Well.. you can bet that I'm definitely stopping by to see you next time I'm in Charleston.

    ReplyDelete